Delaware County Restoration Provides Attic Mold Remediation
Ensuring you and your family stay safe and comfortable in your home requires regular health inspection. Delaware County Restoration provides expert attic mold removal in Delaware County, Glenolden, and Philadelphia, PA. There is no time to waste when mold is involved. The presence of mold in your home is a serious health risk and often leads to structural damage to your home. Our certified professionals will identify and remove mold from your attic to protect your home and everyone inside. After successful mold remediation, we help you prevent future mold growth by discussing its warning signs and common causes. Our comprehensive services help keep your living environment free from dangerous substances, so you continue to live a happy and healthy life.
What Causes Attic Mold?
The best way to prevent and identify the presence of mold is to understand the conditions that encourage it to grow. Attics are highly susceptible to mold growth. Mold thrives in dark, damp, and warm environments. The attic area is usually not well ventilated and is directly under the roof. If your roof is compromised, water will find its way into your attic. The lack of airflow throughout the room encourages moisture to build up and temperatures to rise, creating the perfect breeding ground for hazardous mold spores. The common causes of attic mold are:
- Poor Air Circulation
- Roof and Pipe Leaks
- High Temperatures
Signs of Mold Growth in Your Attic
As a homeowner, knowing the signs of mold presence allows you to act quickly before significant damage occurs. If you are unsure whether your attic has signs of mold, our professionals are happy to come and inspect the area. The primary warning signs of mold growth you should look out for include:
- Uncommon Odors — Mold gives off a distinct musty odor. If you smell something unusual in your attic, it could mean that there is mold present.
- Discoloration — Check the wood and walls of the attic to see if they are stained or wet. Mold will grow into dark or black spots. Make sure to look for water spots or paint damage on your internal ceilings and walls.
- Development of Allergies — If you or anyone else in your home develop unusual allergy symptoms or illnesses, mold is likely growing somewhere in the house. Mold releases spores into the air that you breathe, decreasing its quality. These spores are harmful to your body and can lead to health conditions.
- Compromised Systems — If the roof is damaged, your HVAC system is leaking, or the pipes have burst, then your attic has been exposed to moisture. This encourages the chances of mold growth.
Stop Mold Damage With In-Home Attic Inspections
Not only is mold dangerous for your health, but it can also cause damage to your home. Since mold grows in damp environments, its presence is usually accompanied by water damage. When the warning signs of mold growth show up, it is likely that superficial damage to your walls and ceilings has already happened. Mold spreads throughout the space unless stopped by our damage repair experts. The spreading mold and moisture compromise your home’s structural integrity. Mold eats away at the supporting beams and rafters, creating the potential for collapse. Putting a stop to mold growth as soon as the signs appear is vital to keeping your home and family out of harm’s way.
How Much Does Attic Mold Removal Cost?
Hiring our professional services is the best way to ensure that your mold problem is removed entirely from every surface. Our team works thoroughly from inspection to remediation so that nothing is overlooked, and your attic is restored. We service all sized spaces, including both residential and commercial buildings. The cost of attic mold removal is determined by how severe the mold infestation is. We will provide you with a cost estimate after completing the inspection. Contact us to discuss your attic mold concerns with our professionals so that we can effectively restore the safety of your home.
Our Comprehensive Attic Mold Removal Process
Our team follows industry guidelines to identify and eradicate any mold present in your attic successfully. We ensure that the health and safety of your home are completely restored. When you contact us, our professionals will ask you about your concerns and the signs of mold growth you have noticed. We use high-quality inspection and testing equipment to thoroughly:
- Evaluate — First, we determine where and how much mold is present with air quality and surface testing. Our team evaluates the entire attic structure to check for damage and locate the mold source. We must address the cause during our home inspection to prevent future growth.
- Remove — Once every affected area is identified, we will completely remove the mold from your home. Our trained experts perform a thorough job, ensuring there are no residual spores.a
- Remediate — After the present mold is removed, we clean your home’s attic, restore the damaged areas, and repair the cause of the infestation.
- Educate — We believe mold prevention methods are vital to keeping your air clean and home safe. Our experts will discuss any risks found and walk you through ways of maintaining a dry and ventilated space.
Stay Safe and Healthy With Attic Mold Remediation
Since 1974, Delaware County Restoration has been the area’s trusted damage repair specialist. Whether your home is in Philadelphia, Glenolden, or Delaware County, PA, our attic mold removal services are available 24hrs a day. We provide comprehensive mold inspection, removal, and remediation to ensure the comfort of your living space. If you suspect mold is in your home, contact us today to remove it safely and restore your home.